Sound Devices 552
The Sound Devices 552 Production Mixer combines professional-quality analog and digital technologies in a robust metal housing to provide a compact and lightweight mixing and recording solution for a variety of applications. The unit features 5 transformer-balanced XLR mic inputs, each with its own limitations and sweepable high-pass filter. Each of the inputs also has its own pre-or-post-fader direct output. It also features 3 sets of master outputs and several unbalanced outputs, allowing you to connect to a variety of recorders, cameras, and more. The master XLR outputs can be set for analog or digital operation, and are capable of sending 4 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU signals.
- Lightweight and Portable - The unit has a lightweight design that uses metalized, molded carbon fiber top and bottom panels for strength and durability. It also has a gasketed front panel for resistance to moisture.
- 5 Input Channels - The mixer features 5 XLR inputs, each with 2-stage gain control, a limiter, a sweepable high-pass filter, and solo monitoring. Each input also has its own dedicated pre-or-post-fader TA3 direct output.
- Analog and Digital Outputs - The mixer has 3 sets of balanced master outputs, as well as several unbalanced connectors for versatile connectivity to complex and multi-camera setups. The XLR outputs can be set for analog or digital operation, and are capable of outputting 4 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio.
- Built-in Stereo Recorder - The internal recorder can write WAV or MP3 files to SD or SDHC cards at rates as high as 24-bit/96kHz. Recording controls are accessed by an easy-to-use joystick on the front panel.
- Flexible Metering - The bright LED meters offer accurate level metering, including a zoom mode for high-precision monitoring near 0dB.