Dan Dugan E-1
The Model E-1 Automatic Mixing Controller helps professional audio mixers handle multiple live mics without having to continually ride their individual faders. This eight-channel signal processor patches into the input insert points of an audio mixing console. It detects which mics are being used and makes fast, transparent cross-fades, freeing the mixer to focus on balance and sound quality instead of being chained to the faders. The Model E-1's voice-controlled crossfades track unscripted dialogue perfectly, eliminating cueing mistakes and late fade-ups while avoiding the choppy and distracting effects common to noise gates. Without the need for gating, a natural low-level room ambience is maintained.
- Eliminates late upcuts
- Reduces PA feedback and studio noise
- Internal Web server for remote control panel
- Link units for up to 64 mics
- Analog and digital outputs active simultaneously
- Links with Dugan Models D-2, D-3, and E