Sony HDC-1500 Camera
The HDC-1500 portable camera utilises advanced HD Digital Signal Processing with 14 bit A/D converters. It also
incorporates a newly developed CCD imager that creates images in either 1080 50 or 60 frame progressive or 1080
50 or 60 field interlace frame rates, depending on desired final system output. The new CCD and DSP LSI are two
key devices that allow stunning image creation in a variety of scanning modes. The new camera system
accommodates all popular interlace and progressive scan formats including 1080/50, 1080/24P as well as the
highest-quality 720/50P images.
The HDC-1500 camera provides digital transmission using SMPTE standard fibre optic cable to transmit high-quality digital data over long distances. The camera also provides two HD SDI outputs and one digitally down-converted SDI or analogue composite output. In addition, viewfinder signals with characters can be output from the SDI output connector, giving camera operators additional convenience. Furthermore, when in 24P operation, the built-in 2-3 pull-down function of the HDC-1500 enables 60i down-converted SD signals to be output on a standard SD monitor - a capability that also minimizes the flicker that generally occurs on the viewfinder.
The HDC-1500, if required, can be operated in a triax environment utislising the HDTX-100 triax adapter.
- Ergonomic design
- High-sensitivity of F10
- State-of-the-art DSP LSI
- Optical fiber digital transmissionIndustry-first 14-bit A/D conversion
- Servo-controlled ND and CC filters
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio of 54 dB
- Compact and lightweight: approx. 4.5 kg (9 lb 14 oz)
- Memory stick storage of camera setup parameters
- Newly developed three 2/3-inch type 2.2-megapixel HD progressive CCD
- Versatile interfaces: two HD-SDI outputs, one digitally down-converted SD-SDI output
- A wide variety of capturing modes - 1080/50i, 1080/60i, 1080/24P, 1080/25P, 1080/30P, 1080/60P, 720/50P, 720/60P